The largest Indian Gaming conference and trade show in the region got a taste of BOLD this past May. The KK BOLD team traveled to the beautiful property of Mystic Lake Casino in Minnesota May 21-23 and shared knowledge and success stories about data and social media with those in attendance. The speaker options ranged from marketing to security, and we were excited to serve up our marketing know-how during two casino marketing sessions.
Stephanie Schoenrock, KK BOLD Account Services Director, led an informative session on how to “Do More With Your Data,” which was well received by those in attendance. The session stressed how our combining of new technologies with smart messages had increased casino player rates, and showed how each casino in the room could do the same. Cliff notes from the casino marketing session:
- Recognize and fill the gaps in the data.
- Use the known player data to begin making retention efforts.
- Use the data to put the right message in front of the right audience.
- Consider testing expensive campaigns before unleashing them.
- Track and evaluate the results.
Stephanie Sandstrom, KK BOLD Social Media Director, opened up the last day of the seminar with ways to make your Facebook page work. The examples, straightforward talk about results within Facebook and top ways to engage fans presented in the seminar proved to be edifying to those in attendance. The packed room agreed that social media is becoming a bigger part of casino marketing and was taking a higher priority within their budgets. Here are the takeaways from the session:
- The cover image is the first impression – make it count.
- Content strategies are needed especially when multiple departments want to be involved.
- Text-only posts no longer cut through the clutter. Get creative and add pictures, videos and links.
- Invest in an application and use it wisely. Event tickets, room reservations, fan-only contests, customer service or e-mail list signups.
- Remember to listen to the conversation on social media and take advantage of opportunities to provide helpful information.
KK BOLD is proud to be a member of the Great Plains Indian Gaming Association and would like to thank the conference staff for all their hard work.