The latest trends in marketing and a few that leave a little to be desired:
- Attending KK BOLD lunch and learns. Who doesn’t like a free lunch? Oh, and learning new ways to market your company.
- Strategy, strategy, strategy. Develop one now. Enough said!
- Using social media tools.
- Google instant preview. Time is money, right? This will save you time!
- Dynamic ads.
- Making connections for your business using YouTube.
- Pinterest. Not just for DIY crafters, check out the marketing boards, too!
- Participating with your consumer AND listening to them.
- Google’s remarketing tool. If you aren’t using it, you should be.
- jQuery. It’s the ticket these days.
- Cross-platform compatibility. It’s essential to design and development for TV, print, web and mobile.
- Wasted efforts. Get educated on what works before it’s too late.
- Under-performing marketing investment.
- Being behind the learning curve.
- Animated gifs. Anyone remember the dancing baby?
- Flash sites. Flash doesn’t allow the speed and scalability a new site needs
Darla Miller is the business development director for KK BOLD, a graduate of the University of North Dakota, loves everything about UND hockey, the Minnesota Vikings and marketing, especially new marketing trends, and is a huge fan of bullet points and creepy undulating dancing baby gifs. Follow her on Twitter @bolddarla.